Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sewed Baby Blanket #1

Since Katelyn has made her pregnancy known to the Facebook world,  I can put up the baby blanket I made for her Rumpelstiltskin baby. My heart of hearts told me she is going to have a girl so I made a girl one, but I'm going to make a boy one too, just in case my heart of hearts has been misinformed. Now I am hoping she has a boy so I can keep this cute blanket :) I basically just copied the picture of a blanket a former co-worker made for her friend's baby, so I didn't have any measurements to go off of.  I just made an arbitrary decision to have the squares be 15 inches and went from there.


I stuck a little bit of fluff in between each square...

...and then pinned the sides.

After the square was sewn I sewed an X down the middle, which was actually trickier than I thought it would be  with the minky material. 

After enough squares for a row were sewn, then I sewed the squares together to make a row,.

I left a little bit of the edges so I could rag the blanket afterwards.



Finally it was put all together and I was able to rag it. Probably this is not the best picture, but believe me, it's pretty cool.  Hopefully Baby Bo Peep loves it!

No comments: